We recognize that assisted living communities are at high risk for contracting and spreading infectious diseases including COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019). Our utmost concern is for the health and well-being of each of our residents and to ensure our staff is healthy and able to continue to care for residents.
We continue to take cautionary measures and follow CDC guidelines. We are also receiving information from state and local officials. Please review this information and see the precautions we are taking to protect against COVID-19.
The measures we are taking include:
- Clear and constant communication with staff, residents, and visitors
- Posting signs and reminders at the facility
- Communicating verbal answers from staff to residents and visitors
- Posting information to our website
- Protection with our workforce includes:
- Screening employees and residents for symptoms of acute respiratory illness (fever, cough, difficulty breathing)
- Sick leave policies are non-punitive and flexible
- Encouraging sick employees to stay home and call in replacement staff
- Training and ensuring proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Protection with our residents includes:
- Separating residents who show respiratory symptoms away from others
- No field trips and activities outside the facility
- Having activities that allow residents to maintain safe distances from others
- Allowing for in-room dining to reduce the risk of spreading disease
- Increasing cleaning in common areas (therapy rehabilitation area, dining area, activity area, lobby area, etc.)
We appreciate the confidence and trust you have in us to care for family members. We will keep you informed as we navigate the ongoing situation.